Dear Damen Robert,
The past few nights have been a whirlwind. Lets call it, the great milk debacle. I don't know how it started, but for some reason we helped you create a habit of thinking you need a milk to fall asleep. BAD IDEA PARENTS. You are three now, a big boy, and you still think you need a cup of milk in bed, and another one or two cups in the middle of the night when you wake up. I don't think so mister! It's time to cut the crap! :D
So after a fiasco the other night, mommy and daddy have decided to break the addiction. All day yesterday I was worrying about how to do it, when to implement it, how badly you were going to scream at me. So grams came up with a good idea to have you drink your cup of milk on the couch.
We tried it, and you actually did pretty well! We watched Blue's Clues and relaxed. I reminded you about ten times that this was our bedtime milk, and we weren't going to have any when we laid down. There was no screaming, no fighting. I stayed in bed with you for like fifteen minutes and rubbed your back. All you said was, "Where's my milk?" Once I reminded you that we already had it, you politely asked for a water. Okay okay, Mom's a sucker. I gave you your water cup. (I think it's a little better than three milk cups a night.) I never heard from you again! YOU LET ME SLEEP! I LOVE YOU! Thank you for being such an amazing little man, you never cease to amaze me.
I'll love you forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment