You are three days away from not being my baby anymore. This is causing such a stir of emotions me, from excitement to sadness. It seems like just last week we were in the hospital trying to figure out how to wrap you like a burrito. You were so tiny and seemed so fragile. The next week you wouldn't sleep anywhere but my chest. I cry thinking you're three now, sleeping in your own bed, being a big boy.
In three days I will put you to bed, and when you wake up your world will never be the same.
But, in the words of a wise woman I met recently, how wonderful it will be. Yes, you won't be the center of attention anymore, and you won't get mommy, daddy, and grandma all to yourself. What you will have is a wonderful new life added to your family. You will have a new best friend; someone to look after and teach your cool dance moves to. Someone that will always be there for you, for pestering or for hugs. I know you will be such a great and loving big brother. I can not wait to see how our little family is going to evolve in the next couple weeks. This will be a great adventure, and I am so excited to share it with you. I love you big boy.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment