Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14th, 2012

Dear Damen Robert,

Yesterday we had... let's say... kindof a melt down. Everyone was in a bad place to begin with because of some bad news. We decided to get out of the house to clear our heads and went to a couple stores. After walking around Goodwill for a while, we found a sweet bracelet that you fell in love with. After a few minutes you decided you were going to give your dad some hell and started talking back to him. "I'm going to hit you daddy!", "NO!", and other sneaky fox things to say were coming out of your mouth. Your poor daddy was floored. You and I put down the cool bracelet and went to talk outside. Pissed is an understatement to describe how you felt. I think you must not have been feeling very well. After some escalation and a tap on the bottom, you had worked yourself up to the point of being sick and not being able to breathe. I held your hand and calmed you down, and we talked about being a good listener and why we can't have surprises from the store when we act like that.
By the time we got home you were your happy little self again. We showed Poppa the blocks we got at the store, gave grams a kiss, and got in the bath.
After this, you were the most cuddley, loving little guy I've ever seen in my life. Every five minutes you were getting out of bed to give me a kiss, give Daddy a kiss, and even Rylee got probably ten kisses. You wanted to cuddle and sing songs.
So after this ordeal, I just want you to know that we love you so much. We can get a little worked up sometimes, and our patience isn't always at the level it needs to be. This is something both Daddy and I need to work on, and we are really trying. You are helping us grow as parents and as individuals. Thank you baby boy, you never cease to amaze me.

I love you forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment