Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th, 2011

Dear Damen Robert,

Today is mother's day and I'd like to make you some promises. Just to let you know, I formed these promises when I was just a little girl. Very early on in life I decided what kind of mother I would be.
First off, I will always be here for you. I want for you to be able to ALWAYS, no matter what, be able to come to me and talk about anything and everything. I want you to ALWAYS know where I am. I will never leave you with someone else and forget about you. I will always come back. I will be there for every birthday;  if it is not physically possible, I will at least call. I will never move and change my phone number. I will be at every graduation possible. I will never abandon you.
These things being said, I want you to know even though your grandmother is out of the picture, your great grandmother taught me how to be a mom. She taught me to love and respect people. She showed me what a real mother is. While your grandma showed me what not to do, your great grandma showed me how I want to treat my children.
I love you so much and I will try my damned hardest to be what great grandma is to me, to you; a good mommy.

Love,
mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment