Thursday, September 3, 2020
September 3rd, 2020
Dear Damen Robert,
The year is 2020, the world is burning down around us (or so
it feels like). You're 11 years old. You're experiencing anxiety for the first
time in your life, and how could you not? We have a president that is actively
destroying our country. We have a global pandemic that is nowhere near contained
in our state. We've beeen locked in the house in quarantine since February. You,
Rylee, and Kian have all started the new school year online. All day you're off
and on zoom calls, trying your damn best to keep your love of learning and new
information while doing it in this virtual environment. (You're kicking ass by
the way). You're turning into a teenager. You have a tiny baby mustache! O.o
STOP IT. Most of your spare time you spend locked in your room like a cave
troll, either watching YouTube or playing with Tayshawn & other rando's I tell
you not to play with. It's been too long since I've written to you, but I want
to start again. I think in my last post I mentioned you were trying out Tae Kwon
Do, well... you got your 1st degree black belt!! We've stopped going for many
reasons, but I am so proud of that accomplishment you made and I hope you are
too. Your sense of humor, quick wit, and dangerously handsome dimples are going
to be the death of me. Stop growing up so quickly.
I love you forever,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment