Dear Damen Robert,
What I'm about to tell you, a lot of people would never tell their kids.
I want you, little man, to make mistakes. I want you to throw my advice out the window. I want you to dream, and fall over hurdle after hurdle reaching for it.
And then, when you've tried and tried and you feel like you can't go on any further, every last resource has been exhausted, you're on the floor... I want you to get back up, dust yourself off, and chalk it up as experience.
I always want you to be able to say you tried. You gave it your all. I want you to learn the hard way. Be stubborn. Do things your own.
This way, you can never look back on life and question, "What if?" What if you would have taken that chance? What if you went down that road? I never want you to regret not going after what you want, even if it ends up not working out.
I will always be here for you. I 110% will back your decisions, stupid or great. I will be here for you cheering you on when you succeed, and I will be your shoulder to cry on when you fail.
For if you truly try, you really haven't failed.
I love you so much baby boy,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment