Dear Damen Robert,
We haven't had a good monsoon season in a long time. When I was a kid I remember it raining and raining all summer long. I remember the streets flooded, and playing in the mud when it had stopped.
I just got off of work for the night, and when I got home it really started raining. We went into the garage and I taught you about lightning and thunder. You loved it, and every time it struck you said, "again, again!".When you say it it sounds like "vacuuming".
Anyways, when I was a kid your great grandpa and I would sit in the window and count the seconds between the lightning and thunder to see how close the storm was. I remember doing this so often, and it is such a good memory. When you were sitting in my lap and we were waiting for the sky to light up again, your great grandpa was right next to us. I could hear him clapping and counting the seconds. I always knew he'd be your guardian angel, and I always knew he'd be right here with us watching you grow. I love you so much baby boy.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment